background

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our week

This last week was a good one. Mom was here for most of it, but left me to my own devices on Monday! We spent most of our time at the house but made a few outings to the grocery store, the mall, target, and Rusty's little league team's baseball game. Andrew really enjoys being outside, one of our tricks to get him to calm down when he's fussy is to take him on a walk. Mom did this a LOT while she was here. We had Andrew's one month check up and found out that he's growing just like he's supposed to. He now weighs 8lbs 11oz. He's getting so big. The doctor gave me permission to start cutting his feedings down because he was nursing for an hour every time and I was about to LOSE my mind. He said that fifteen minutes on each side is more than enough. So we're fighting that battle right now. I know it will pay off in the end, but today has been a hard day because of the crying. I have survived my first day all on my own, and I'm feeling pretty confidant that I can keep this kid alive. I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with my baby because I have a husband who's willing to do what it takes to make that a priority. I am so in love with my boys. Here are some pictures from this week. Notice Andrew's baseball outfit for the baseball game. MAN HE'S CUTE.


Grandma and Andrew taking their adorable nap... notice the sagging pacifier.


terrible picture as far as photography is concerned, but LOOK AT THOSE EYES!


My little baseball boy

2 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I do have a character well actually two characters. Both boys are so much fun. It is such a blessing to watch them grow up. You really do have to savor every moment because they fly by so quickly. Congrats on your little bundle of joy.

Stephanie said...

look at his lil' frown in the baseball outfit! so cute! jessica, you are doing a great job as a mother. I would not be ready or equipped to do what you are doing right now! you're such a brave woman!