background

Monday, March 31, 2008

One Leg at a Time

Once upon a time there was a pregnant girl who decided before going to bed one night to have a GREAT day tomorrow.... I woke up in the morning and took a shower, fixed my hair, did my make-up, put on grown up clothes (meaning not pj's)... it was going to be a good day. I sat down, made my to-do list, ate breakfast. I was ready to get started. The maintenence guys came by to do a few things around the house while I was getting ready to go grocery shopping, so as usual I stayed and talked for a little bit. They asked when I was due, and all those questions you always ask the fat women you see around. After standing around talking for a while I let them get to work. I simply asked them to lock the door on their way out and I left to go grocery shopping. At this point I'm feeling really proud of myself for being up and out before noon. I get in my car, turn it on, look down to see that my back pockets are in the front. I put my pants on backwards. I had spent two hours of my morning walking around with my pants on backwards. They are cargo pants so I have two big back pockets with buttons, on the front of my body. It was AWESOME! Of course I can't go back inside with the maintenence guys. I'd walk in and have to explain that I just need to switch my pants around. So I sit in front of my duplex, in the drivers seat of my car and try to as gracefully as I can, take my pants off, and put them on the right way. After succeeding I drive off and continue with my day, only slightly deflated from my previous state of elation.

I thought you guys should just know that I'm just like everybody else... I put my pants on one leg at a time. I'm only special because I do it backwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping you at least didn't have the kind that button and zip. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that these were elastic waist maternity pants!