background

Saturday, March 29, 2008

stories of pregnancy

So I just realized that there are a few stories that you should probably know that happened throughout this pregnancy. Everyone asks about mood swings, or forgetfullness so I'll gradually add a few stories this week to entertain you and possibly make you judge me a little.

Rusty and I were doing laundry. This is usually a chore that I do by myself, but I had procrastinated until the weekend so we did it together. Well, Rusty wasn't doing it right. He wasn't putting the shirts like he should, or folding the towels like any idiot should. He couldn't get the socks right, basically the man needed a laundry lesson so I offered to teach him. For some reason Rusty didn't want to learn. He figured that I should just be happy that he was helping at all. This was not the response I was hoping for. About twenty minutes later we were folding the next load that had come out of the dryer and I was being very short with Rusty. I was working very hard at letting him know that I was not happy. I would huff out my air instead of exhaling like a sane person. I would sigh when he got in my way. I would roll my eyes when he said anything. I thought I was being perfectly clear that an appology was neccessary but I needed to take things to the next level to make myself heard. I decided to just be straight forward and ask, "So are you going to appologize or is our whole day going to SUCK?" Rusty very calmly responded with, "I'm sorry, what is it that I'm appologizing for again?" J-"(Big sigh) YOU KNOW!!" R-"I really don't" J-"Well if you don't know I'm not going to tell you" (really mature, I know) R-"If you're not going to tell me then I don't know what to appologize for" This game continued for a while until I burst into tears and yelled "I DON'T REMEMBER!! OKAY?!?! BUT I KNOW YOU DID SOMETHING AND I'M MAD!!" Rusty couldn't help himself, he started laughing. Thankfully I realized the humor in the situation and started laughing as well. We wrote that one off as a tie, and continued with our day.

Oh hormones...

No comments: