background

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nickname

So I keep chuckling to myself about something and I thought I'd share. I don't know if you guys all know but I've gone back to working a couple shifts at Chili's every week. It's been really hard to leave Andrew, but good in the long run because it keeps Rusty from having to work more than he already is. So my story is from Chili's and that's why I had to set the background.
I work with a guy named Sisay (See-say), he is from Gambia. He is black as night and HILARIOUS! He's a cook so we talk everytime I run back into the kitchen for anything He calls andrew our 4/20 baby because Rusty put up a sheet at work for everyone to guess what day Andrew was going to be born and Sisay guessed april 20th (which may give you an indication of Sisay's habits). Anyway he always asks about Andrew and has started calling me "Andrew's Mama" instead of by name. If you know African accents you can picture all of this a little better. I LOVE the way it sounds when he calls me Andrew's mama. It makes me smile, and I'm honored to have gone from "Angela's sister" to "Andrew's mama" not that being Angela's sister wasn't wonderful!

1 comment:

Justin and Gi said...

So cute! Love that new name...and with an accent....to much!
Thanks for sharing, love to laugh too!
Gjk