background

Friday, October 16, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Wow it's been a long long time since I updated this sucker... I have some catching up to do. I'm going to just put up a bunch of pictures here and I'll let you know when they're from. I've got some from July! I'm a terrible mother. My second is already getting the shaft as far as pictures are concerned. I am due in 9 weeks and I've only taken one good profile belly picture. We hope to remedy that at least once more before he joins us. The shaggy blonde boy in a few of these pictures is Andrew's best friend in the world, Davison Taylor. When Andrew sees pictures of babies he screams (BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) But, when he sees a little blonde boy he screams (DE DE) which means Davison. Very cute. Since I updated last I have been back to Texas to visit my sister and her new baby, who is no longer so new. His name is Jonah and he is adorable. While I was there he snuggled and ate and snuggled. Now, however, he cries and cries. They say it's colic, but I think maybe he just was really offended that I left. What do doctors know anyway? So if you think about praying for my sister and her husband, Jake,'s sanity... they'll take it.




There aren't a lot of things for Andrew to play with in the kitchen, so I let him unstock and restock my cans on the shelf. Rusty is already telling him to go get a job with those skills and contribute. He's a gentle soul, I know.



My aspiring shelf stocker. High hopes.



This is a lovely gift from our Dennis and Audine. He cuts iron and he sent me my favorite one. It now lives on our front door. Check him out at www.praisegates.com



One of many swim lessons with Daddy! Rusty is the best father in the world. He changes diapers, plays catch, and teaches swim technique. That's my man.



The little boys. You should see them together. It's always entertaining.



This is Andrew and Davison demanding to be in the same chair. I thought it was cute when Andrew leaned on his shoulder. This is his best bud.



Andrew loves his bike. We sit outside for at least an hour most mornings. He'll ride this up and down the sidewalk forever.



These pictures are pre-haircut. Let me know what you think about the lower ones with the sheared hair. I think my mom and dad did a pretty darn good job, especially considering Andrew's wiggles.



Yes, that's dirt in Davison's hair. No, Andrew didn't put it there!! Joanne and I were walking up on the seminary and letting the boys play for a while. This is on campus somewhere.



This is my last long haired picture of him. So sad, the curls are pretty much gone now.



Here's the whole family! We're flying a kite at the Kitty Hawk, Wright Brother's Memorial. My parents came in town last week and we got to go to the outerbanks (OBX) of North Carolina for a whole week. What a wonderful week it was.



The boys. Andrew calls my dad, PAPA or BABA. It's in caps because he only says it with true conviction. My dad is the only one who really gets a consistant name. Rusty and I are both Mama. My mom gets nothing. Soon enough I guess!



Andrew LOVED the water. I thought that the waves were going to make him a little gun shy, but he ran full force into them any time we weren't standing in his way. My little fish.



This is my Uncle Garrett. He got to come down and spend a few days with us too. Andrew was facinated by his bracelets and this was his honor to be allowed to wear one for a few minutes.



Soo cute. Garrett, now we'll find him walking around the house with my hairbands on his wrists. Thanks for that.

Alright, we're all caught up on pictures. I'll try to do better about posting more often.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

your boy is adorable. Wish I could pinch his sweet little cheeks! Are you feeling any better? Baby #2 is coming soon, huh?