background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Judah v. The World - Round 2

Here's the story of how Judah defied genetics and got his ever so desirable "butt chin".

First of all, let me tell you what I did not do:

I did not attempt to press a dirty dishtowel into the wound to stop the bleeding.
I did not repeat loudly, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"
I did not run outside to drag a neighbor into the bloody drama.
I did not spasmodically lose track of my keys, preventing a smooth exit to the ER.


Here's what did happen. Judah tried to climb from the stairs, over the arm of the couch, into the couch center. He failed. Instead he made it onto the arm of the couch just long enough to see his desired location... then he fell off the back side and jacked his chin on the moulding of the stairs on the way down.  I found him trapped between the couch and the wall before the bleeding started, so I didn't know the extent of the damage.  I could see blood on my shirt where he was hiding his face, so I knew something was hurt, but didn't know where yet.  When he looked at me I saw that his mouth was full of blood, but I still couldn't tell where it was coming from.  Finally he calmed down enough for me to see that he had bitten his lip when he hit his chin.  He had a decent sized gash so Rusty took him to the ER while I stayed with Andrew.He received four stitches and an ice pop. The doctor praised Judah's ability to defy the odds and get a perpendicular scar on his chin, while most have one that parallels their chin bone line.

'Atta boy, Judah. Be your own man.

No comments: