background

Monday, August 29, 2011

Funky

I'm in a bit of a funk. I hurt my back about 7 weeks ago, and it is still giving me a really hard time. The boys have learned that they can take advantage of me, because I cannot deal with them as usual because of the pain. My friends are carrying on without me, because they are young and healthy. And I am struggling with contentment. Every day I have to pull myself out of the pity party that I'm throwing and remind myself that all of this will get better. My back will heal, my kids will receive enough correction to go back to the somewhat obedient children that they usually are, and I will get the green light to go back to the gym with my girlfriends soon enough! My life WILL get better.

In church yesterday we heard about a family in Israel that is in the thick of some very serious persecution. Their lives are hard. Like really hard. They've chosen to stay where they are so that the people who persecute them will know that their faith rests on the one who will ultimately win it all. What a challenging story.

In short, I am praying that I will be constantly reminded that this world is not where my hope rests. It's okay to enjoy our time here, but feeling as though this side of heaven is failing me is proof that I've become too comfortable in what it has to offer. I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear daughter. You know that Paul struggled with his thorn. Life is full of thorns and none are fabulous to bear. However, a thankful spirit goes a long way in kicking the bootie of the one who likes to poke and prod us during our weakest moments. When I am weak then I am made strong. Let some things go with the boys, those things that are more power struggle than character issues. Play soothing music to calm the savage beasts and use movies! There is no shame is letting movies entertain the little guys. I know you miss your girlfriends, that's something I can't fix, and don't have good advice for. Does anyone come to watch bachelor with you anymore? Maybe have a pj party or be sure to text them to say how much you love your friends? I'm praying for your back and for our little men. LOVE You, Mom