background

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Hospital Trip

I spent a short amount of time in the hospital this weekend. Everything is fine, but I got dehydrated from tossing all my cookies (and water, and food, and air, and anything else that came near my stomach). Embarrassingly enough I got dizzy on my way to throw up and fell and hit my belly on the toilet. The doctor had me come in to be on the fetal monitor for FIVE hours. Yuck. While I was there they pumped me full of fluids and checked my cervix. (Assault) Turns out I am already 50% effaced and 2 cm. dilated... so who knows what that means for delivery date? I have an appointment this Thursday as well, so I will keep you updated on the progress of my cervix. Just in case all this talk about lady parts isn't awkward enough, here's a picture of what the heck all that means. Men, enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, kinda a big deal. I'm praying for those extra 3 weeks for you. Sit with your legs crossed and tell Rusty to keep his distance. I saw your sister's comment on FB about praying specifically for your cervix, hilarious.

XOXO,
Leah