background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Days of Our Lives

Hey! Do you ever feel like your life could be on television, due to the crazy amount of drama that can come up all at once? Well, I've been feeling that way for a while now. Sometimes I feel like I'm a visitor in my own home, or like I'm on the set of a soap opera. I'm participating in the scene... but it doesn't feel real, or personal, in any way. That is no way to live, my dearies, I can tell you that.

Due to this floating-through-life-like-it's-not-even-you kind of state I've been in for the past howevermanyyears, I have made some changes. Major changes. I moved back to San Antonio! This is the most exciting of the changes. However, it means that I'm a 27 year old woman living in my parents' house again. This is not exactly how I pictured myself at this point. But I'm getting on board. Sometimes you get to choke down that piece of humble pie, and do what's best for you and your family. That's what I'm doing now. Besides, the boys get to sleep in bunk beds, and they couldn't be more thrilled.

I am looking into finishing my bachelors degree at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I am hoping to get an English degree with a focus in creative or professional writing! I know, I'm a nerd. This process however, requires that I live here for a FULL YEAR before they'll call me a Texan again, and give me the affordable tuition. Shoot. Back to waitressing/bar-tending for me, for the next year. Money, baby.

The boys are doing really well with the sudden uprooting changes, but Andrew, shockingly enough, keeps making really dramatic statements about our current swirly whirly lifestyle. For example, "Mommy, we're NEVER going back to Carolina. I'm NEVER going to see my friend Elijah again. I'll NEVER stop being sad." Ugh. My heart. But then, a few minutes later, he'll say, "I LOVE Texas, we're going to live here FOREVER. I get to sleep on the TOP bed and I'm SO HAPPY!" Phew. Where did this boy get his mood swings? (rhetorical, you all keep those lips zipped)

This is the basic update for now. I have some cutie pie pictures of our three day road trip from Raleigh to NC that I'll upload as soon as I get the desktop unpacked and set up. In the meantime though, picture my road trip as being a lot like this...


No comments: