background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Curse of an Affectionate Nature



My little Andrew is more and more like me every day. Poor thing. Yesterday he told the son of our new neighbor (8 yrs. old) "I love you!". He said it with a sweetness that would make your heart melt. The other little boy said, "uuuummmmmm ok... I guess we're supposed to love everybody, so alright." Ugh. The curse of being the most affectionate of your friends has begun, my sweet boy.

As a twenty-six  year old woman I am still learning the hard lesson that while it's okay that I want to profess my feelings for my friends and family at every possible opportunity, it is equally okay that they maybe don't. Heart-crushing truth. Praying for my Andrew, as he is destined to doubt his relationships' depth when friends don't gush their feelings in every conversation.

No comments: