background

Friday, August 10, 2012

Love

I don't think I've ever really loved anyone as much as I've loved myself. This is just truth. But then, I had these boys of mine. Holy Moly I love those things so much it's crazy. I went out tonight and got home really late, and it was all I could do to kick my shoes off before crawling into bed with a very asleep Judah. I kissed his sleepy little mouth until he wriggled away. I actually wanted him to wake up so he could hear me tell him that I loved him for the millionth time that day. I'm at this great point in parenting, where the waking of my children isn't the worst moment of my life! (Super parents who would never admit to dreading the waking of your children? Butt. Out.)  When I saw that I couldn't rouse Judah without actually shaking him I crawled up the ladder to the top bunk and snuggled Andrew. I thought he was awake because he started talking, but then I realized he was saying, "The whale needs to sleep in the water because the cars sleep in the garage." Ummmmwhat? Failure with the waking of the second child. Oh well, I've got kids who are told how much they're loved more than they even know. And I've got kids who kiss me in their sleep, and are concerned about where the whales will sleep.  It's as good as it gets.

*My desktop is getting set up, I promise! More pictures, less talking soon!*

No comments: