background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Safety

I (re)memorized a verse this week that, awesomely enough, is also a song.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and they are safe.

I have sung the song 40 billion times this week, and all of a sudden the word SAFE really hit me*. I am safe, because I take refuge in the name of the Lord. That should eliminate fear from my life! My ultimate existence is safe and protected, and that is something really huge to be praised. My God is strong and mighty and one to be feared, so it's a really good thing that we're on the same team, because instead of facing Him I get to stand under his protection. God's truth is good to me.

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.


*Maybe this is a continuation of the funeral for my muck-rake! (yesterday's post)

No comments: