background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shifting Sands

God is better than
Perspective changes it all
Today things are clear

Haiku y'all!!

I woke up this morning with the decision to look at things with my rose colored glasses on. The glass is half full, and all that junk. This is not my strong suit, as I tend to be cynical and a little dark. But you know what, God is SO good to me. Even if everything here (world) falls to bits, I've been granted the gift of eternal life in heaven. It's a gift I far from deserve and I can't help but feel like I've maybe been a bit short sighted. Understand that I am not trivializing the pain that I, and everyone alive, feel when things here suck. That pain is real, and even healthy to feel, I think. But I think that I can feel that pain, respond to it well, and not go to my dark-sad-scary place that makes me feel hopeless and alone. I think that place is where I want to hide, and I get some sick satisfaction out of being there. But I'm walking in the sun today, things are shiny and good, because my Savior loves me, and he's given me a free pass out of the prison of darkness, and my retreat back there is like returning to an unlocked and unguarded prison cell. Crazytown.

Psychiatrists, put your prescription pad away, I'm a woman who says what she feels. ;)

No comments: